The weather is beginning to feel like Fall in the Pascack Valley area of Bergen County New Jersey. Before long old man Winter will be upon us so now is the time to get ready to Winterize Your Pascack Valley Home. The following is our HammersTeam's Cool Weather Check List.
1. Seal & Insulate Windows & Doors with caulk or plastic
2. Block Drafts with A/C covers and Door Drafter Stoppers
3. Check your Furnace & Thermostats to make sure they are operating properly
4. Replace Screens with Storm Windows
5. Turn outside water faucets off
6. Drain outdoor hoses and store in shed or basement
7. Have chimneys cleaned
8. Keep firewood for fireplaces stored away from the house
9. Rake & blow leaves away from the home per town ordinances
10. Clean gutters
11. Repair any leaders and downspouts to assure proper drainage
12. Trim all bushes in landscaping and clean up garden beds & store all gardening tools as well as pots & planters
13. Check snow blowers and shovels
14. Replenish rock salt supplies
15. Have outdoor water sprinklers winterized by a professional
16. Have pools winterized by a professional
17. Remove window air conditioning units and store in a dry place
18. Cover outdoor Central Air Conditioning Units to protect from weather
19. Put Basement Windows Well Covers over the basement windows
20. Cover the outdoor furniture
When the weather is mild it's easy to forget these things but once it turns cold it could be too late. So be sure to Winterize Your Pascack Valley Home by following HammersTeam's Cool Weather Check List.
If you or anyone you know is thinking of Buying or Selling a Pascack Valley Home, call Lisa & Bob at (201)218-6802.